Colloque international “Comparer en Europe”. Université de Haute-Alsace (Mulhouse), June 2017
Several ENCLS members spoke at the “Comparer en Europe” (Comparison in Europe) June 2017 conference in Mulhouse (France) (see programme).
Plusieurs membres du REELC ont participé au colloque de juin 2017 à Mulhouse (France) “Comparer en Europe” (voir programme).
XXI congress of the ICLA. University of Vienna, July 2016.
Several members of the ESCL organized and participated in a panel, under the title “The State of Adaptation Studies Today”, on July 23rd (see programme)
– “Adaptation as Subversion: the Disruption of Analogic Patterns in William S. Burroughs’s Artistic Works”. López-Varela, Asun (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
– “Semiotics of traditional and new media”. Vaupotic, Ales (University of Nova Gorica, Nova Gorica, Slovenia)
– “Trois adaptations cinématographiques de Dracula : Murnau, Browning et Coppola”. Franco, Bernard (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “The Nineteenth Century Novel Revisited with a Transcultural and Transhistorical Lens”. Pereira, Margarida (Universidade do Minho, Barcelos, Portugal)
– “From Cairo to D.F.: Naquib Mahfouz’s Midaq Alley (1947) and Jorge Fons El Callejón de los Milagros (1995)”. Aslan, Adile (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
– “Film adaptation of Chinese contemporary literature – A case study of To Live”. Guo, Jia (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “Modern Film Adaptations of Fairy Tales: an Examination of Four 2012 Versions of Snow White”. Le Juez, Brigitte (Dublin City University, Ireland)
Symposium “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”. Senate House (London), May 2016.
Angeliki Spiropoulou organised a one-day symposium at the Senate House in London on “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”, in May 2016. It was co-organised by the Institute of English Studies and the Institute of Modern Languages of the School of Advanced Study, University of London in collaboration with the ESCL/SELC. See programme and further plans here.