The conference took place at Universidad Complutense Madrid 24-26 October 2018. ESCL held four panels.
► English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrQuR6Rr5Q
► Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SccvDd-2Ok
► French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy-nJpP_FM
► German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6lqtV6ebOs
► Portuguese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jotW6hxdME
► Italian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlZPgRaLVk
Colloque international “Comparer en Europe”. Université de Haute-Alsace (Mulhouse), June 2017
Several ENCLS members spoke at the “Comparer en Europe” (Comparison in Europe) June 2017 conference in Mulhouse (France) (see programme). // Plusieurs membres du REELC ont participé au colloque de juin 2017 à Mulhouse (France) “Comparer en Europe” (voir programme).
XXI congress of the ICLA. University of Vienna, July 2016.
Several members of the ESCL organized and participated in a panel, under the title “The State of Adaptation Studies Today”, on July 23rd (see programme)
– “Adaptation as Subversion: the Disruption of Analogic Patterns in William S. Burroughs’s Artistic Works”. López-Varela, Asun (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
– “Semiotics of traditional and new media”. Vaupotic, Ales (University of Nova Gorica, Nova Gorica, Slovenia)
– “Trois adaptations cinématographiques de Dracula : Murnau, Browning et Coppola”. Franco, Bernard (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “The Nineteenth Century Novel Revisited with a Transcultural and Transhistorical Lens”. Pereira, Margarida (Universidade do Minho, Barcelos, Portugal)
– “From Cairo to D.F.: Naquib Mahfouz’s Midaq Alley (1947) and Jorge Fons El Callejón de los Milagros (1995)”. Aslan, Adile (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
– “Film adaptation of Chinese contemporary literature – A case study of To Live”. Guo, Jia (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “Modern Film Adaptations of Fairy Tales: an Examination of Four 2012 Versions of Snow White”. Le Juez, Brigitte (Dublin City University, Ireland)
Symposium “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”. Senate House (London), May 2016.
Prof. Angeliki Spiropoulou organised a one-day symposium at the Senate House in London on “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”, in May 2016. It was co-organised by the Institute of English Studies and the Institute of Modern Languages of the School of Advanced Study, University of London in collaboration with the ESCL/SELC. See programme and further plans here.