The 8th Congress of the European Society of Comparative Literature took place at Lille 26-30 August 2019. Organizers: Fiona McIntosh-Varjabédian et Karl Zieger
ESCL held four panels at the Myth & Audiovisual Creation International Conference of Myth Criticism in collaboration with Acis-Galatea which took place at
Universidad Complutense Madrid 24-26 October 2018. ESCL held four panels.
► Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SccvDd-2Ok
► French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy-nJpP_FM
► German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6lqtV6ebOs
► Portuguese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jotW6hxdME
► Italian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlZPgRaLVk
Colloque international “Comparer en Europe”. Université de Haute-Alsace (Mulhouse), June 2017. This conference was held in Mulhouse (France) and ESCL held several panels. programme
XXI congress of the ICLA. University of Vienna, July 2016.
Several members of the ESCL organized and participated in a panel, under the title “The State of Adaptation Studies Today”, on July 23rd (see programme)
– “Adaptation as Subversion: the Disruption of Analogic Patterns in William S. Burroughs’s Artistic Works”. López-Varela, Asun (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain)
– “Semiotics of traditional and new media”. Vaupotic, Ales (University of Nova Gorica, Nova Gorica, Slovenia)
– “Trois adaptations cinématographiques de Dracula : Murnau, Browning et Coppola”. Franco, Bernard (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “The Nineteenth Century Novel Revisited with a Transcultural and Transhistorical Lens”. Pereira, Margarida (Universidade do Minho, Barcelos, Portugal)
– “From Cairo to D.F.: Naquib Mahfouz’s Midaq Alley (1947) and Jorge Fons El Callejón de los Milagros (1995)”. Aslan, Adile (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
– “Film adaptation of Chinese contemporary literature – A case study of To Live”. Guo, Jia (Paris 4-Sorbonne, France)
– “Modern Film Adaptations of Fairy Tales: an Examination of Four 2012 Versions of Snow White”. Le Juez, Brigitte (Dublin City University, Ireland)
Symposium “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”. Senate House (London), May 2016. Prof. Angeliki Spiropoulou organised a one-day symposium at the Senate House in London on “English and European Comparative Studies: Views from the Future”, in May 2016. It was co-organised by the Institute of English Studies and the Institute of Modern Languages of the School of Advanced Study, University of London in collaboration with the ESCL/SELC. See programme and further plans here.